Sunday, August 19, 2012

Biking, TV, and Life


I don’t understand how or why I’m such an awful biker.
I was under the impression that it really didn’t take a whole lot of talent to stay upright on two wheels while moving forward.
But apparently it does.
When I was going to school in Athens, I used to bike a mile-ish to class. But there was the most giant hill at the end. So I would get off my bike and walk it up.
That is the extent of my biking in college.
Oh, yeah. And I hit an old man with my bike….
I don’t want to talk about it, though.
Anyways, I’ve been on two biking adventures twice this week.
Both times left my legs feeling tight, as if I had just lost ten pounds and gained it all back in muscle.
And my bum felt super sore.
I just don’t understand why people love this.
However, biking down hills, especially incredibly big ones, kinda makes it worthwhile…I must admit.

This has been a weird month for me.
I’ve been watching a TON of television.
I never do that.
Especially cuz we don’t even own a television.
It’s been a ridiculous amount of Netflix for me.
So much so that I don’t want to be outside and exercise.
I just want to get through the season of a show.
Sometimes several seasons in a day.
I’ve become one of those statistics on stereotypical fat Americans.
I think I’ve been lonely.
I’ve had way too much free time and not a lot of people to spend my time with.
I’m kinda in this weird in-between place where I’m about to move and my mind is on that, but I’m still here (in Madison).
I guess I need to practice living in the present.

Anyways, I was worried that I had gained all the weight I lost back.
But, I didn’t.
Which means, I could still lose more weight if I daily exercised.
Hence, above bike rides.
I’ve also been jogging this week, too.
But that’s not interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment