Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What the hell is percolations?

I like the word muse. I even like it better when you add an -ing at the end of it. To muse is to meditate, or to comment thoughtfully or ruminate upon. That is what I want this blog to do or be. But, I already had a blog titled "Musings of a Pasty White girl". Which, of course, means I can't reuse the word musings in my blog title. So, I did what any red-blooded-child-of-the-21st-century would do, I went to thesaurus.com. And then I saw it: percolate. It's a lovely word to say. Take a second and try it. 
There. 
You liked it.
So then, I went to dictionary.com. 
–verb (used with object)
1.
to cause (a liquid) to pass through a porous body; filter.
2.
(of a liquid) to filter through; permeate.
3.
to brew (coffee) in a percolator.
–verb (used without object)
4.
to pass through a porous substance; filter; ooze; seep;trickle.
5.
to become percolated: The coffee is starting to percolate.
6.
to become active, lively, or spirited.
7.
to show activity, movement, or life; grow or spread

Can there honestly be a more perfect word for my journey towards a more healthy lifestyle? (I had to switch to "align center" because it wouldn't let me completely "alight left")
1) Coffee is delicious.
2) to become active, lively, or spirited. Holy cow! I want to become active, lively, and spirited. I want my body to be active. I want to live a healthy, active lifestyle
3) I want to be more alive; I want to grow through this process. 

Thusly, I name my blog Percolations. I hope to percolate often.

No comments:

Post a Comment