Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Breakfast: 
An omelette with 2 eggs, purple onion, spinach, tomatoes. A piece of toast with butter, and a cup of coffee with about a tablespoon of half and half cream. 
Everything was great until I got to work. at about 10:00 a.m. I got really hungry. I was pretty confused, because I had only just eaten breakfast two hours earlier. “Perhaps, I’m just thirsty,” I thought to myself. (Well, to be honest, I don’t think I would ever use the word “perhaps” in my mind.) So, I drank 2 bottles of water. But that didn’t work. So I started looking for a snack. In my Aunt’s office I found some delicious cracker pretzels. Don’t worry, I checked the ingredients. I was surprised to see that they were all pretty normal ingredients. I ate a handful.
I wasn’t satisfied. So I found some dried pomegranate raising looking things. I had a handful of those. 
By Noon, I was super hungry. I took my lunch break.
Lunch:
2 cups of white rice with teriyaki sauce
a handful of baby carrots
I was really excited to eat my teriyaki rice. However, I was sorely disappointed. I put way too much sauce on it that morning. It was on it’s way to becoming a soup. But, I was actually just full. It was a great feeling. I didn’t feel gross from being too full or stuffed. I was satisfied. 
At about 2:00 I started to feel it. 
I’ve never been tested for anemia, but I suspect that I am anemic. My mum is anemic. I crave ice. Every once in a while I’ll lose every ounce of energy I have. That’s what it felt like today at 2:00. My body was crashing. It’s a terrible feeling. I’m a big believer in listening to what your body wants. If I didn’t eat something, I probably would have passed out at work. So...I got M&Ms from the vending machine in the hopes that they would give me some sort of energy. I felt guilty. I swore off processed sugars. I barely made it out of work at 5:00. When my grandpa came to pick up to go home, all I could think about was sleeping. I came home and layed on the couch.
I had every intention of exercising today. But stupid anemia had other plans. 
For dinner, my grandma cooked.
Dinner:
steak sandwich on a hoagie with tomatoes and a pickle, a handful of kettle cooked potato chips dipped in hummus, 1/2 cup of corn, and then I ate an extra thin piece of meat hoping it would boost my iron.
It was just enough. I left the table feeling satisfied. I didn’t eat any seconds. 
The day wasn’t a total disaster, I found out that my aunt has p90x. Soo...starting tomorrow...I’ll be a p90x girl. I’ll definitely be blogging about my experience with that. 

4 comments:

  1. I think it's very brave of you for posting what you eat online. I'm praying for you! Btw, good luck with your internship :)

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your blog.

    And since you've just started dieting, your body isn't used to "being hungry" and it's going to take a few days to kick start this and metabolism.

    Don't beat yourself up over the M&M's, take care of yourself :) Enjoy snacks like those in moderation and portion control and you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To curb my hunger until lunch while at work, I get those mix in protein drinks. Crystal light has a strawberry banana one that's really good. Just add to a bottle of water and voila no more hunger!

    Also, since you know your energy drops in the afternoon, bring a snack so you don't have to snag m&m's next time.

    Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. boo! everybody's been warning me my energy level would plummet once i started eating vegetarian, because i wasn't getting enough protein, but i've since made beans and all things non-cooked my best friend.

    we're on the mealplan for orietnation this summer, so i've been hitting up the steamed veggies, rice, and then a massive salad that consists of the dark, leafy greens, TONS OF BEANS (red, black, garbanzo, edemame, peas), peppers, olives... everything i can stomach, pretty much. then i slice it all to oblivion so it's almost like a coleslaw (and i don't feel like i'm eating a salad haha) and my one splurge is caesar dressing... i cover it in nuts and seeds to give it crunch, and i love it.

    try curbing your hunger with as many things that aren't cooked as possible... i promise, the fresh vitamins are the energy you're lacking, and i think they'll help with the anemia!

    p.s. sliced up bananas and strawberries w/ peanut butter and small chunks of dark chocolate=a delicious healthy snack with minor splurging:)

    hope these ideas inspired you!

    ReplyDelete